• 1 medium ripe banana (previously peeled, sliced and frozen (~3/4 cup)
• 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries (or sub blueberries)
• 1 heaping Tbsp hulled hemp seeds (organic if possible)
• 2 cups frozen or fresh kale, any kind
• 2/3 cup 100% pomegranate juice
• 3/4 – 1 1/2 cups filtered water
1. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, adding more water as needed. Taste and adjust flavors as needed. Add more banana or agave for some added sweetness.
2. Serve immediately – enough for 2.
*Pomegranate juice really makes this recipe and seems to hide the kale best. I’ve tried it with orange and cherry and they didn’t do the job quite as well! Sub substitute as you see fit.
*Adding a bit of almond milk ups the creaminess.
*1 Tbsp of almond butter would add even more staying power.