• 1 teaspoon soybean oil (often labeled "vegetable oil")
• 1 small onion, diced
• 3 cups frozen edamame (shelled)
• 2 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
• 1 cup plain soymilk
• 1 cup baby arugula leaves, packed
• 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• Greek-style yogurt (optional)
• Heat soybean oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until soft. Add edamame and broth; simmer for 5 to 6 minutes, until just tender.
• Place mixture in food processor; add soymilk and arugula. Process 1 minute, or until smooth.
• Return to saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until soup begins to simmer. Ladle into bowls; top with yogurt, if desired.
• Thin soup with additional vegetable broth as needed.