• Extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
• 1 onion, minced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 pounds fresh baby spinach, stemmed
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Heat a large pot over medium heat.
• Drizzle with a 2-count of oil, add the butter, and stir it around so it melts.
• Saute the onion and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes.
• Add the spinach in batches, pushing it down with a wooden spoon to help it wilt.
• Keep adding more spinach when there is room in the pot.
• Cook the spinach until it is dry, then lower the heat and add the cream and nutmeg.
• Stir and cook for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.